Field Engineer (Civil Engineer)
Youth Empowerment Center (YEC) is a Palestinian non-governmental non-profit organization, working to support the development of Palestinian youth; to lead children & adolescents to discover their purposes, while promoting positive change in the community through psychosocial support, hygiene promotion and advocacy programs.
The project, ‘Improving access to WASH services for fragile families in the eastern area of Gaza governorate’ funded by United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA-oPt HF) and implemented in partnership with Oxfam and Youth Empowerment Center (YEC).The project aims to improve the WASH facilities for fragile households who live in the eastern areas of Gaza Governorate (El Shijaiaa, Al Zaitoun and El Tofah ) to ensure adequate access to WASH services.
Purpose of Assignment:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and Project Technical Coordinator, The Field Engineer will be responsible to deliver and accomplish the construction and/or rehabilitation of WASH facilities at home level in compliance with the project’s goals and objectives. She/he is in charge of the day to day management and supervision, ensuring the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes and activities undertaken to achieve timely delivery of infrastructures. She/he is furthermore accountable for providing technical assistance to the project team.
Duration of services: 9 months
Start Date: 20/12/2019
Level of effort: Full time job 100%. The working week is Sunday to Thursday.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Education and Knowledge:
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years practical working experience in civil construction and maintenance in national/ international company, organization, CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders.
- Experience in civil construction and maintenance work under WASH sector.
- At least 2 years of experience in construction management.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar projects (WASH projects).
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis and reports writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, extremely motivated and exhibit sound judgment.
- Good reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with clients and partners
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines
- Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Candidates with experience in the mentioned fields are encouraged to apply for this position, Cover letter and curriculum vitae CV in English are to be submitted by email to (email@example.com)
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email "Field Engineer".
Deadline for submission: Saturday 7th December 2019 12:00 PM .