Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
Job Title: Project Engineer 1 Post
Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Duration: 3 months
Level of effort: full time job 100%. The working week is Saturday through Thursday
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Follow up the project field activities (construction/maintenance of WASH facilities at homes level) and ensure compliance with the quality and accountability standards;
- Follow up the technical assessment for the needed maintenance/rehabilitation works;
- Supervise the team who will conduct the technical engineering assessment that will be started as soon as the beneficiaries are identified;
- Prepare and follow-up tender’s documents including the BoQ’s and general and specific technical specifications;
- Conduct site supervision for the construction and maintenance works to ensure compliance with agreed specifications;
- Arrange weekly and monthly reports on the progress of the field activities;
- Prepare daily site inspection report to WASH project coordinator of YEC;
- Working with the stakeholder’s and beneficiaries of the project with a high level of the behaviour’s skills;
- Focusing on the work quality of the proposed project, granting to the high-level specifications required;
- Submit progress reports on regular basis (weekly basis) including references to achievement, obstacles faced and solutions taken to overcome them;
- Act as the main Technical Adviser to the Contractor and supervise the maintenance and rehabilitation works;
- Manage, monitor, interpret and explain the drawings and design documents supplied by the concerned technical assessment team;
- Survey the maintenance sites at households and ensure that rehabilitation activities are carried out within demarcated land boundary and protect the site from external encroachment;
- Ensure that the construction, upgrading and maintenance activities are carried out according to the plans, designs and drawings and ascertain accuracy of the qualities, quantities and proportions of the materials are precisely maintained;
- Ensure that all materials used and works performed are in accordance with the specifications indicated in the contract document;
- Review and agree on the quantity, quality and cost of the materials used for rehabilitation and upgrading of WASH facilities by the Contractor;
- Ensure that the works timely progress in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Oversee quality control, health and safety matters of workers on the maintenance site;
- Prepare various narratives, technical and financial reports as required;
- Resolve any unforeseen technical difficulties and other problems that may arise in the process of the work in consultation with the Executive Director and Project Coordinator.
- Responsible to ensure that effective implementation, monitoring and supervision tools are developed and implemented;
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers;
- Identify and manage risks and initiate corrective action where necessary;
- Manage project budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time;
- Ensure a sound handing over of facilities to project beneficiaries.
Education and Knowledge:
- At minimum a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from any reputed public university.
- Knowing about the protection principles, Persons with Disabilities mainstreaming and gender mainstreaming.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years practical working experience in civil construction and maintenance in national/ international company, organization, CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders.
- Experience in civil construction and maintenance work under WASH sector.
- At least 2 years of experience in construction management.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar projects (WASH projects).
- At least 3 years in Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis and reports writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, extremely motivated and exhibit sound judgment.
- Excellent reporting skills in English is a must.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email: email@example.com indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is Tuesday, 27/07/2021 – 4:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address: Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St.,near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
YEC believes in equal opportunities for both gender